4. I have a NuWave Oven Pro, how do I change the Power Level?/div>
• The NuWave Oven Pro automatically cooks at Power Level HI, the highest Power Level.
• If you wish to cook foods at a lower temperature, press the Power Level button and select a number.
• If you select numbers 1-9, the NuWave Oven Pro will cook at that Power Level. For example, pressing 1 will select Power Level 1 which is 10% of the maximum level.
• Press the Power Level button and select number 0 to return to Power Level HI.
• The model number and serial number are located on the back of the power head.
• The serial number will start with a letter followed by a series of numbers.
You can do all the above and much more. It all depends on how you prep the food.
• To steam: cover food, sprinkle in a little water and seasoning.
• To air-fry: coat food with wet mix and roll in cornflakes or bread crumbs. You can also rub in olive oil or spray with cooking spray for additional browning. Leftover fried foods will come out of your NuWave crispier than the first time.
• To broil: place food closer to heating element.
• To roast: place food further from heating element and lower the power level.
• To dehydrate: cook on lower power levels and remove immediately to avoid extra moisture.
• Without the extender ring, you can cook up to a 10-lb. turkey.
• However with the extender ring, you can increase the capacity of the oven by 50% and cook up to a 16-lb. turkey.
• Start cooking the turkey breast side down for the first half of the cooking process.
• When you flip the turkey breast side up, the insides should be thawed enough to remove the giblets.
• If you are placing stuffing inside the turkey, either add it during the last 45 minutes of the cooking process, or if you place it in from the beginning, increase the cook time 3 additional minutes a pound.
There are a couple ways to season frozen food.
• If you are using a dry seasoning, sprinkle a little water over the meat so the seasoning will "stick." If it is a sauce, spread the seasoning over the meat and when you flip, place more sauce on the food.
• Premarinate or sprinkle seasonings on fresh food, then store it in the freezer
• We do reccomend that you rotate most foods halfway through the cooking process, but this is more for presentation.
• Since the heating element is located at the top of the oven, the conduction method of coooking will not be able to reach the bottom of the food.
• Clean-up is a breeze.
• All parts easily separate for cleaning and, except for the power head, are dishwasher safe.
• To promote the durability of your dome, it is important to wash it immediately after use. When placing in the dishwasher, do not use the heated dry cycle (this will save on energy costs as well).
• Because the NuWave Oven utilizes Triple Combo Cooking power, you never have to preheat or defrost again.
• The NuWave does not heat the surrounding air, so your kitchen stays cool. The NuWave is perfect for use in confined quarters; during summers; and in hot weather regions.
• Since the NuWave Oven uses as little as 15% of the energy of most conventional ovens, it saves you time and energy, while having no effect on the temperature of the kitchen.
• Any cooking utensils that can be used in a conventional oven can also be used in the NuWave Oven.
• Items made of foil, metals, Pyrex, oven-safe cooking bags and even prepared frozen entree trays are safe for use in the NuWave Oven.
• If it can go into a regular oven, it can be used in the NuWave.
• The NuWave Oven's triple combo cooking power allows multiple dishes to cook at the same time.
• Normally, it takes about 50 minutes to cook one frozen cornish hen. That timing is the same even if you cook four at once.
Making vegetables in the NuWave is terrific because its cooking technology helps retain nutrients that are otherwise lost through other cooking methods. Minimal water use and shorter cooking times contribute to the oven's effectiveness.
• Place vegetables directly on the 4-inch rack when roasting.
• For steaming, loosely wrap the vegetables, adding a sprinkle of water to circulate steam.
• To prepare vegetables that are steamed with a roasted flavor, remove the aluminum foil for the last two minutes of cooking time.
From artichokes to zucchini, the possibilities in cooking vegetarian dishes are endless.
• Asparagus brushed with olive oil turns out perfectly in less than 8 minutes.
• For baked or sweet potatoes, wash potatoes thoroughly, then place on either rack and cook according to cooking guide or until a fork is easily inserted.
• You do not need to use oil when making vegetables. Simply brush them or shake them in a plastic bag with italian dressing to infuse with additional flavor.
Place aluminum foil on top of vegetables if they begin to brown too quickly.
• Because of the synergy created by triple combo cooking power, and because the NuWave Oven cooks foods quickly using less heat, it produces little to no smoke. Moreover, whatever smoke that does generate is confined to the oven.
• With normal household usage, no ventilation is needed.
• The NuWave Oven Pro’s maximum cooking level is Power Level HI, which cooks at 350°F.
• The NuWave Oven Pro Plus’s maximum cooking temperature is 350°F.
• The NuWave Oven Elite’s maximum cooking temperature is 420°F.
• The NuWave Oven utilizes 1500 watts of power, much lower when compared to most conventional ovens 3400-watt usage.
• With the NuWave Oven, no pre-heating or defrosting is required, so it uses as little as 15% of the energy, and cooks most foods up to 50% faster.
• The standard NuWave Oven cooking rack is reversible, allowing you to cook at different heights to better suit different foods.
• The NuWave Oven Pro rack can be used at heights of either 1" or 4".
• The NuWave Oven Pro Plus and NuWave Oven Elite racks can be used at heights of either 1" or 3".
• Hearthware has been manufacturing countertop infrared ovens since 1997.
• We are the producers of the original Infrared Cooking System.
• Do not be fooled by imitators.
• Outside dimensions: 15.5 inches wide & 13.5 inches tall.
• Inside dimensions: 6.5 inches deep & 12 inches in diameter
• Weight of oven: 9lbs.
• Cooking power: 1500 watts and can be plugged into a standard household outlet.
• Amps: 12.5.
• Even if you are cooking different foods, such as fish and vegetables at the same time, the smells and tastes do not mingle.
• The NuWave Oven is self-contained, so most of the smells and any smoke that may be created stay within the dome.
• The oven ships via UPS or USPS.
• The oven and its protective packaging weigh roughly 16 pounds.
The NuWave Oven includes a 1-year limited warranty. CLICK HERE
for detailed warranty information.